Thomas Maple French Toast Bagels Kinda Reek

thomas maple french toast bagels

So I impulse bought these bagels. Or rather, impulse got them, as I had a coupon for a free bag of Thomas Bagels. And they kinda reek.

Don’t get me wrong, they’re pretty good. I ate a few toasted with brie plus deli ham. Super good combination, highly recommended. However, every time I walked into my kitchen, the scent of maple & french toast would hit me in the face.

My entire backpack would smell from taking one to work, for that matter.

And maybe it’s not such a bad thing, as it’s a really good smell. However, I’m not even sure making the real thing would smell this strong. And that’s with a pan frying all of those smells into the air, whereas these things smell even while trapped inside their plastic bag. So I started thinking too much about what the heck was put into them to make them smell so strongly. And then I started thinking about someone dumping a bunch of perfume into bagel batter. (Bagel dough? Yeah, that’s probably more correct.)

Anyhow, they’re pretty tasty. Just, uh, don’t think too deeply about why they smell so strong.

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • TwitThis
  • Reddit
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Facebook
  • Technorati

7 Comments

1. Karen Betty November 13, 2014 4:15 pm

They are the best flavored bagel I have ever eaten. My only question is where can I buy more? My original purchase was at Costco Wholesalers in Twin Falls Idaho.

2. Donald McMillan March 4, 2015 10:36 am

My wife feel in love with them and now we can't find any.

3. Carolyn Gordon March 9, 2015 8:22 pm

These are awesome …so why are they a limited edition? I have looked everywhere for them!!

4. Dianne May 4, 2015 1:50 pm

Son said Publix had them but they are not there now ugh

5. @rapture_raptor February 24, 2016 9:34 am

I agree that they smell horrible! I haven't tried them despite really liking actual french toast. The kids made them for breakfast this morning – I think the smell is still trapped in my nostrils!

6. Jarita June 9, 2016 3:28 am

Thanks for the toast. It is totally new recipe for me, French toast. I really didn't know how to make this. Now I am knowing about this. I will eat this coffee. :)

7. help cv July 26, 2017 3:40 am

Toasted bangels are my favorite and I have always been looking to find them where they use to make it from quality material. Quality material is the only thing that I like to eat.