Asian food festival!

So there are few things I heart more then food festivals. Got the chance to attend Richmond’s Asian American Festival this past weekend, and it was delightful indeed. Most food festivals tend to focus on a particular country (for instance the local Lebanese food festival is absolutely fabulous). However, the Asian festival focuses on an entire region of the world, meaning there were food stands for 15 or so countries there. And I was forlorn for not getting the chance to gnaw on something from every single table. Alas.

So I took pictures of the few things I ate that were a.) photogenic and that b.) I actually remembered to photograph. See, I was mesmerized by this gigantic inflatable lobster that sat atop a moon walk, such things make it difficult for one to remember one’s camera-ey duties!

Chat Pati

This is a soup from Bangladesh called chat pati, and was quite tasty. The ingredients are: chickpeas, potato, egg, cilantro, onion, tomato, cucumber, green chili pepper, and tamarind juice. And this indeed contained all of those, it started as mostly just the chickpeas with the option of sprinkling other things on top, and of course I got everything. Mind you, afterwards I picked out the chili peppers, as a.) my mouth has a difficult time dealing with Death, and b.) the cha (chai?) tea I was drinking was still entirely too hot to function as a decent means to cool one’s mouth from spices. I would love to make this sometime.

Filipino Cake

This is a Filipino dessert…of some sort. A cross between a pudding and a cake, it seemed. I would be able to tell you the name, but the handy dandy booklet I got upon entering the festival that lists all of the countries, their foods, plus ingredients in each, sadly fails to mention it. It’s spongy and yellow and delightful, seemed like it had coconut milk in it, definitely had shredded coconut on top, and, as a bonus, I totally discovered bits of corn in it. According to Google, it might be maja mais? Not sure. One thing I learned from my Google search is that I apparently need to try more Filipino dessert products, so much glutinousness!

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • TwitThis
  • Reddit
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Facebook
  • Technorati

8 Comments

1. rushessay.com rev?ew December 5, 2015 12:21 am

Education is spreading I only main source for collecting s then. Because the internet many information through the source of the internet now a days on the daily basis. In which every society has own its educational institute. Because every society wants to give education to the new generation for progress in his life.

2. @zaddibacha73 May 4, 2016 2:00 pm

Samira Laser Clinic in Scarborough should be your only choice for laser hair removal. Our precision equipment carefully removes your hair while keeping your skin soft and glowing. We specialize in laser hair removal, facials and microdermabrasion. We also perform waxing and sell laser hair removal machines!Samira Laser Clinic

3. @zaddibacha73 May 14, 2016 11:12 am

Blue Paisley Fine Rugs is Toronto’s newest premier provider of luxurious high quality rugs offering the widest selection in size, colour and services. We believe that every fine rug tells a story and manifests a tradition; it is an investment for generations to come and selecting one should be a tailored fulfilling experience. Our family works closely with our clients and suppliers to ensure that every selection leads to satisfaction for decades.Blue Paisley Fine Rugs

4. @undefined May 23, 2016 6:57 am

Samira Laser Clinic in Scarborough should be your only choice for laser hair removal. Our precision equipment carefully removes your hair while keeping your skin soft and glowing. We specialize in laser hair removal, facials and microdermabrasion. We also perform waxing and sell laser hair removal machines!anti aging clinic

5. @man042629 May 29, 2016 11:48 am

Blue Paisley Fine Rugs is Toronto’s newest premier provider of luxurious high quality rugs offering the widest selection in size, colour and services. We believe that every fine rug tells a story and manifests a tradition; it is an investment for generations to come and selecting one should be a tailored fulfilling experience. Our family works closely with our clients and suppliers to ensure that every selection leads to satisfaction for decades.Toronto Rug Cleaning

6. @zaddibacha73 June 4, 2016 2:40 pm

We provide Legal Services for the clients of Toronto, Brampton, Richmond Hill, New Market, Markham Ajax, Pickering, Aurora, Barrie, Georgina and Oshawa approximately within 75 kilometres from our main office.paralegal services

7. wick July 18, 2016 7:46 am

Hey very cool blog!! Guy .. Beautiful .. Amazing .. I’ll bookmark your blog and take the feeds additionally…I am happy to seek out a lot of helpful info here in the put up, we need develop more strategies in this regard, thanks for sharing. VCAP5-DCD dumps

8. Heating and Cooling November 23, 2016 9:23 am

Great !!! A very cool & interesting blog to read.